PDA

View Full Version : Can't immunize in Windows 98 SE with Spybot v1.6.2 for the first time?

antdude
2009-03-29, 01:12
Hello.

I just upgraded a client's old Windows 98 SE on a Toshiba notebook/laptop with SpyBot to v1.6.2. When I first ran its v1.6.2 with updates, I noticed immunize doesn't see IE6.0 SP1 and Firefox v2.0.0.20. I had to exit Spybot and retry and it worked.

Is this a known issue?

Thank you in advance. :)

drragostea
2009-03-29, 04:52
Hello antdude,

Have you tried clicking on the Immunize button (Green cross)?

antdude
2009-03-29, 05:47
Hello antdude,

Have you tried clicking on the Immunize button (Green cross)?Yes, before I restarted Spybot.

drragostea
2009-03-29, 06:08
I'm not really so sure what may be causing the problem now. You'll need a Spybot Team Member to look into this. Hope PepiMK passes by.

It could possibly be a glitch. Or not.

antdude
2009-03-29, 06:16
I'm not really so sure what may be causing the problem now. You'll need a Spybot Team Member to look into this. Hope PepiMK passes by.

It could possibly be a glitch. Or not.Yeah, it was weird. I remember the upgrade/overinstall wanted me to reboot and said the files were denied so I hit retry a bunch of times.

Becky
2009-03-30, 03:09
Don't worry too much. I had the same problem but for about 3 months, not sure if it is since the new spybot. And not only to immunize, in general to open Spybot. I didn't reported it because it is extremely aleatory. Most of the times I have to cancel Spybot and restarted it. I have tried to isolate the issue, but didn't find any thing concrete.
But after all I feel happy to still have a wonderful software like Spybot for us the ones that still have an old W98 up & running.