PDA

View Full Version : Immunization not listing all users

FFKefka77
2009-03-30, 20:11
Hmm, for some strange reason after I updated Spybot about 1 1/2 ago, the immunization used to least all the pc users to immunize but the update only made it list the user I was on. What happened? Am I gonna have to log on to all the accounts and immunize individually? I tried a uninstall, restart, reinstall and it didn't help. I use Firefox 3.0.8 as of yesterday and the latest version of Spybot.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Kefka

FFKefka77
2009-03-31, 18:39
Hmm, is there no fix for this? This is a Windows XP Prof SP-3 pc and everything on this pc, is on my other Windows XP Home SP-3 pc, which lists all the users of pc under Immunize. This Prof pc doesn't even list Friend (limited account) on this admin account when I use Spybot.

FFKefka77
2009-04-06, 15:51
Is there no fix to this problem I am having? 80 people viewed and no1 responded any solution

When I get out of class, I will give a screenshot of the problem for clarity, if the way I typed it is confusing

FFKefka77
2009-04-07, 19:35
First tried a uninstall, reboot, reinstall of spybot and it didn't fix immunize not listing all the users like it used to.

So I tried that Firefox thing with deleting the permissions file and making sure hostperm.1 was in each user's folder, opened spybot and looked at immunize and still only listed this account

this is a screenshot of the users on this pc and what spybot shows under immunize
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8042/sybot.png

PepiMK
2009-04-07, 20:55
Do you maybe have Terminal Services / that remote control thing enabled? In that case Spybot-S&D does not load all accounts automatically... you might need to run SpybotSD.exe /allhives (by editing the shortcut to run it and adding space + /allhives to the command line).

FFKefka77
2009-04-07, 21:37
hmm, terminal services is manual but was started and I dont have any of the services for remote started at all. but when I did add /allhives to the shortcut it said advanced mode which was weird and I changed it. So it found where S&D was installed and found 4 users (admin included, how would I get this to not be listed), they were then listed in immunize

now if I remove the /allhives are the users going to remain or be removed again. the services on this pc are identically setup like my other pc that doesnt have this issue. what else could be the cause for such behavior?

FFKefka77
2009-04-13, 15:31
I compared the services on this Windows XP Prof SP-3 pc with my laptop that has Windows XP Prof SP-3 as well. All the services are identical now but Terminal Services was manual on both and the laptop doesn't seem to have an issue with the users under immunize.

Is there something else you can suggest? Maybe like a complete uninstall or something or edit the registry? I know I uninstalled it before and rebooted and reinstalled but I didn't check to see if the folder was delete or registry keys were left orphaned before I reinstalled.