PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Remove Malware

James84
2009-04-01, 21:58
S&D detected 30 malware items. When I click fix problems I get the message "S&D DOES NOT RESPOND"
I have reinstalled and tried Safe Mode without success
Window XP Home
S&D 162 ver 1.6.20

md usa spybot fan
2009-04-01, 22:32
James84:

It would probably be helpful if you posted the actual log of the scan results you are questioning. The log will not only show the detection that you observed but also show the version of Spybot you are running as well as the update level of the detection files used during that scan.

To produce the log and post the log, either:
Run another scan.
When the scan completes, right click on the results list, select "Copy results to clipboard".
Then paste those results (Ctrl+V) to a new post in this thread.
Post the Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log from a previous scan that shows the detection in question.
By default here are two Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log files produced during a scan. The second Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log has the details of what the scan found. A Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file is produced if you fix or attempt to fix something.
There are two methods to copy and post that information from previous scans:
Method 1:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > View Previous reports. Look for the Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log file that contains the detections that you would like help with. Open it. To copy it to the Clipboard, right click on the listing and select Select All > Right click again and select Copy. Paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of the Clipboard into a new post in this thread.
Method 2
The Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log and Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log files are stored in the following folders:
Windows 95 or 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows Vista:
C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the correct Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log. Double click on it and it should open with Notepad. To copy it to the Clipboard, right click on the listing and select Select All > Right click again and select Copy. Paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of the Clipboard into a new post in this thread.