PDA

View Full Version : immunize issue may be malware??

truckersmom
2009-04-02, 05:08
Hi there,
I'm working on friends pc and I'm TRYING to run a scan.:slap: the problem is it won't fully immunize. Can I run a scan on what is protected and get a true scan or do all have to be protected?
I think it may have malware but don't know for sure. Did a SuperAntiSpyware scan.didn't show anything. MBAM just comes up with database errors off and on.ran Avira-nothing.When I first try to update spybot it came up with bad checksum.That's when I did the av scan.I re did the update no bad checksum and it updated fine.Now it doesn't want to immunize some the files.

I got it! I got it! I got it!:yahoo: But I would still like an answer about what just happened if possible. Thanks

drragostea
2009-04-02, 05:24
Can I run a scan on what is protected and get a true scan or do all have to be protected?
What do you mean? You can run a scan regardless of the Immunization status.

Have you tried undoing the Immunization and redoing it? Do you use Zonelarm, WinPatrol, or SpySweeper?

truckersmom
2009-04-02, 05:32
What do you mean? You can run a scan regardless of the Immunization status.

Have you tried undoing the Immunization and redoing it? Do you use Zonelarm, WinPatrol, or SpySweeper?

1.It immunized
2.no
3. no to all
4. Yeah I know you didn't have a 4th question . It stop running the scan and said the application failed to initialize properly(0xc000012d). click on ok to terminate