PDA

View Full Version : Search for updates

csutak40
2009-04-05, 05:50
I run two computers, one has XP Pro, the other Vista Business (this one is a laptop). Both have Spybot 1.6.2.46 installed.

I check for updates once a week. The XP machines finds four or five every week. For at least three weeks now, the Vista machine seems to think about it for a long time, then reports: "No newer updates available". Is this possible, or is there something wrong?

drragostea
2009-04-05, 06:00
I'll try to resolve this with a trial and error tactic. Can you try right-clicking on the Spybot icon>Properties>Compatibility and from the drag down list, click Windows XP. If that doesn't work, you can try a uninstall, reboot, and down another copy of Spybot-Search&Destroy from SaferNetworking servers.
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
-
Good luck, sorry to hear of your problems.

csutak40
2009-09-06, 00:49
I'll try to resolve this with a trial and error tactic. Can you try right-clicking on the Spybot icon>Properties>Compatibility and from the drag down list, click Windows XP. If that doesn't work, you can try a uninstall, reboot, and down another copy of Spybot-Search&Destroy from SaferNetworking servers.
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
-
Good luck, sorry to hear of your problems.

Well, took my time getting back ;) It was already set for Windows XP on the compatibility settings. I have since discovered that I can download the updates from the website and usually, having done that, the following week it does find updates, but nothing again the week after. I have actually downloaded the Sept updates before I decided to try the uninstalling tactic. Well, the plot thickens! During the set-up when I searched for updates, it found some, but for July! Didn't find the September (not to mention all the August) ones. Once the setup was finished, I tried searching for updates again, just in case, but nothing. I am completely confused now! I guess I will now go and install the updates I had downloaded from the website earlier