PDA

View Full Version : sever problem

DblTbl
2006-05-29, 05:10
Am having a sever problem with 1 users account on XP . It appears to have only afected 1 user account. The problem seams to have occured right after an update to adobe acrobat reader (coincidence maybe). Can not install any new software (error 82 says last file run is main .exe). Can`t update avast,ewido,ad-aware, or spybot from that users account. The other users accounts seams to work fine but find nothin on any of the scans other than AVG it says that the boot record ,system volume, and 3 of the ini files have changed and Ad-aware finds 11 items but when trying to remove them it locks. Hijack this can not be run on the affected user account as it says that it is not a valid picture file. Safe mode under the affected user account (administrator privlages) is no diferent. When trying to run chkdsk from a comand promt in safe mode it says that the system volume is in use by another aplication and have to scedual a scan on the next reboot. This finds nothing aswell. Repair was also tried from the Xp cd to no avail either. All of the online scans (Symantec , Panda soft, Trend Micro....etc) will not run on this account and find nothing on the other accounts. Any ideas of how to fix this would be great.After 2 weeks of spending all my spare time trying to fix this with all the methods that I know of I am still just beating my head against the wall .......ggggggggrrrrrrrrr

Thanx for any help at all in advance