PDA

View Full Version : Please Please help with Virtumonde

dd110405
2009-04-08, 01:24
I ran a scan, and it deleted most things except for virtumonde, so it said i had to restart and it would start scanning immediately. However, when i restarted it, there was nothing on the screen except for my background,and a scan did start to run though. Its not over but I am so scared when its over i still wont have anything but my background! How do i get everything else on my computer back? After the scan will it come back! Please help! Im sorry i dont have any logs...I dont think its possible to get any right now.... :(

dd110405
2009-04-08, 03:30
Update: I finished the scan again, and then when i exited it, my desktop appeared, but now randomly black boxes (ones that have command.exe or cmd.exe i forget) pop up uncontrollably then stop after 30 seconds. I didnt know what to do so i had recovered virtumonde but that didnt help... should i even bother deleting it again? I need this computer to do school work and Im going to need it soon. Is there a pain free process to delete virtumonde??! God please help me!

pskelley
2009-04-12, 12:24
Welcome to Safer Networking, I wish to be sure you have viewed and understand this information.
"BEFORE you POST" (READ this Procedure before Requesting Assistance) http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
All advice given is taken at your own risk.
Please make sure you have read this information so we are on the same page.

Posting additional comments or logs before a volunteer responds, can push you back instead of forward, because your thread ends up with a newer date. Also, helpers may think you are already being assisted because of the post count.
You must have read and followed the "Before you Post" instructions, there are no excuses for not following the directions.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=1137 <<< see this

Is there a pain free process to delete virtumonde??!
No there is not, it is a difficult infection to remove, if you continue using the computer it will continue to download more of the infection when you go online. It will be hard work to remove it and the option is a reformat or a local computer shop.

If you wish to continue, then start by reading the directions, then post a HJT log using these instructions:
Download Trend Micro Hijack This™ to your Desktop
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/hijackthis/HJTInstall.exe
Doubleclick the HJTInstall.exe to start it.
By default it will install HijackThis in the Program Files\Trendmicro folder and create a desktop shortcut.
HijackThis will open after install. Press the Scan button below.
This will start the scan and open a log.
Copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.

Thanks

pskelley
2009-04-18, 16:24
Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

If it has been four days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than four days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or your helper a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.