PDA

View Full Version : Spybot Won't Open

gabbyur24
2009-04-09, 05:42
Several of my programs today would not open, or operate, including Spybot S&D. It did open this morning and I ran update and then scanned. It froze after the scan when I clicked Fix. I closed it and tried again but it would not open. I have a window on my desktop that says, Windows - No Disk Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c Cancel * Try Again * Continue. This appeared this morning when I first turned on my PC and will not close when I click any of the options. I can move it with the blue band on top so I was able to view my desktop today.
Thanks for any help.

Sorry I did e-mail support before I figured out how to use the forum. I'm not forum or chat room literate.

gabbyur24
2009-04-10, 00:50
Support said: Un install and install new version. I did but it still won't open. I try to run McAfee and it sticks at item 83 and will not complete the scan. Downloaded their (McAfee's) Virtual Tech and it found nothing wrong. The McAfee scan log says the last scan was Apr 3. Whatever is on my PC seems to have control over Spybot and McAfee which is scary. I noticed another newby has a similar problem to mine. I wonder if it is some new weird malware.

Zenobia
2009-04-10, 08:14
Do you still get the Windows - No Disk Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c Cancel * Try Again * Continue window after installing the new version?

And are you still getting help via email?

Sheldoom
2009-04-10, 17:54
I am having the same problem. Spybot will not launch. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Didn't help. Thanks.

tashi
2009-04-10, 18:21
Hello,

Whatever is on my PC seems to have control over Spybot and McAfee which is scary. I noticed another newby has a similar problem to mine. I wonder if it is some new weird malware.

What is the Operating System and is it up to date and patched via Windows updates, including running the Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AD724AE0-E72D-4F54-9AB3-75B8EB148356&displaylang=en)?

Best regards.