PDA

View Full Version : can you help please

WHISPER
2009-04-12, 10:47
can you tell me if i have to update my spybot and destory.i really dont no much about computers ,but someone downloaded spybot back in 2007 .do i need a new version or is the one iam useing ok just now .... :red:

i allways have a red icon at bottom of my computer saying windowssecurity alert
and a yellow one saying click here to install updates

i no i said i dont no anything about computers but what is a trogan and a malware
and i get a little box coming up saying on screen out of line on memory 1
thanks i have more questions wont bother you just now about them :red::lip:

Matt
2009-04-12, 14:46
Hi WHISPER,

:welcome: to Safer Networking Forums. :)

Which version of Spybot do you have installed onto your computer? If you don't know, please open Spybot (double click on the icon at the desktop). Once Spybot has loaded, you can see the version... it's like "Spybot-Seach & Destroy 1.xx".

It seems probable that this red icon is an alert from the Windows Security Center, because you aren't protected against Malware. Double click on the red icon. A new window will open. Now you can see wheater you have installed an Firewall and an Antivirus program. Tell me what you can see there.

Please visit the site Microsoft Security At Home (http://www.microsoft.com/protect/default.mspx), where you can find lots of important information.

Please visit www.windowsupdate.com and install all security updates or double click on the yellow icon. Now it will show you the updates too. Please install them.

If you have any questions, please feel free to answer. ;)