PDA

View Full Version : Command line question

RickZ
2009-04-12, 18:19
I have set up a daily and weekly shutdown cleanup routine on my computers that use Karen Kenworthy's Showstopper to run various functions at shutdown rather than tie up the machine with scheduled scans while I am trying to use the computer.
One thing I run into with Spybot is that even if I tell it what to do from the command line the applications settings override. For example, on a fresh install I do "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /autoupdate /autoimmunize /autoclose as a daily task but spybot also runs a full scan unless I edit the program config to disable this on startup. Am I missing something or can the program be corrected to obey the command line and not do more than I am asking it to do.

Thanks!
Rick

RickZ
2009-04-12, 18:22
While testing the scripts I also sometimes click "stop check" during the system scan and spybot always hangs up and must be killed.

Rick

spybotsandra
2009-04-14, 10:22
Hello,

Open Spybot in the advanced mode via the menu item mode, go to 'tools'->'System Startup'
Then mark the following entry and remove it: C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /autocheck

The scan could hang when the stop button was pressed in an automated scan. This was a little bug.

Please download this new SpybotSD.exe file as fix (http://www.spybotupdates.biz/files/beta/SpybotSD.exe-1.6.3.51.zip#hash(md5:49B094774AC6ED0A34EC16C4DACFE5C7).

To use this file extract the downloaded archive into the main application folder (usually C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\).

Replace it with the files in your Spybot program folder. If the SpybotSD.exe is hidden, make it visible:

* Using Windows Explorer navagate to:
o C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
* In the Tools menu select Folder Options…
* In the Folder Options dialog select the View tab.
* Uncheck the following option:
o Hide protected operating system file (Recommended)
* Click the Apply button.
* Click the OK button.
* The files should now be displayed

This problem is also mentioned in our forum: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=45926

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot