PDA

View Full Version : Does Spybot presence slows the connection down ?

Paul771
2009-04-13, 07:28
Good morning and good Easter Monday !

I have Vista SP1, Kaspersky security 2009 and Windows Defender is activated.

I noticed that, even without Tea Time, Spybot presence (the most recent) slowed the connection down.

Is it an idea, or is it normal ?

Thank you

drragostea
2009-04-13, 08:09
Happy Easter to you too.

I noticed that, even without Tea Time, Spybot presence (the most recent) slowed the connection down.
Can you double check on that :sad:? Spybot-Search&Destroy itself is not active if it's main program window is not up and TeaTimer (Resident Shield is not running). So basically Spybot is not even there when it is not open.

As far as I know Spybot does not interfere with anything else besides malware :cowboy:, I doubt Spybot is the culprit :fear:.

Can you explain a little more on how your connection is slow? Have you performed a speedtest and compared it to your optimal speed?

Paul771
2009-04-13, 08:38
Thanks for your answer.

OK.

"Connection" was improper, I meant : navigator speed (in this case, Firefox).

Well in fact maybe it's an idea but it seemed to me that displaying the web pages was a bit slower when Spybot (without Tea Timer) was present in the machine.

Then I looked at the tasks (in tasks manager) and I saw there was a Spybot task. I supposed that this task was a filter for malwares that, added to Kaspersky and Windows Defender, slowered the navigator.

Was does this task do exactly ? Is it a filter as I supposed it ?

Thanks

drragostea
2009-04-13, 08:58
Well in fact maybe it's an idea but it seemed to me that displaying the web pages was a bit slower when Spybot (without Tea Timer) was present in the machine.
But even when there are no Spybot-Search&Destroy windows open?

Can you type down the process that is appearing in your Task Manager (you said it had to do with Spybot)?

I supposed that this task was a filter for malwares that...
I'm assuming you mean TeaTimer.

Paul771
2009-04-13, 09:45
I meant without the window, of course.

It seems this task no longer exists.

I apologize.:sad:

Everything is running normally.

I'll tell it to you if there is another problem.