PDA

View Full Version : Administrator Mumbo Jumbo Error with Spybot 1.6.2

WyckedAngel
2009-04-13, 18:46
When I try to fix problems found, I get this error: "This action may not be performed completely since you are not an administrator. If you want this performed for all users, please run this application elevated as an administrator." After all of the clicking okay, and try to fix it anyway, I get this error: " 0 problems fixed. (x number) problems could not be fixed. You should have an administrator scan and fix again!" There are two problems here. One, I am the ONLY user on the computer, so therefore am the administrator. Two, when I humor the program and attempt to "Run as Administrator" (lovely Vista), the program will not open. I have been having this problem for about a week and half now. I have used Spybot for about three years now, and have not had this problem before. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program, but get the same error. Is there a possibility that I have a program setting wrong? Is anyone else having the same problem and found a fix? Thanks.
More info:
I am running Windows Vista 32 bit with Service Pack 1.

Zenobia
2009-04-13, 21:44
Are you rightclicking Spybot and selecting Run As Administrator?If you are,do you get prompted by User Account Control?

WyckedAngel
2009-04-15, 17:20
Yes, that's how I do the Run as Administrator, however, Spybot never initializes. The Windows window does pop up for me to confirm that I want to run the program, but I don't get the loading bar or anything. I can get it to run regularly though. Figure that one out... :scratch:

drragostea
2009-04-16, 03:06
Try renaming the Spybot desktop icon to something else. If that doesn't work, try this link:
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=294582&postcount=3
-