PDA

View Full Version : Length of Spybot search time increased after upgrade

teapot39
2009-04-13, 22:04
Hi there
I finally upgraded to 1.6 and now the length of time Spybot runs has almost tripled. When it opened it used to show that it was scanning through 32000 items or so...and it took a little bit of time. Now it shows it is scanning through over 503,000 and nothing has changed on my computer. Is there something I should be selecting or turning off or on. It is almost 30 minutes before Spybot finishes, and I remember when it use to be only 5 minutes or so. If this is the way it is - that is cool, as I like the software, I was just wondering if there is something I am missing re: the new update.
Thanks for your help.

Matt
2009-04-13, 22:49
Hi teapot39,

which version did you have installed before you upgraded to version 1.6.2 ??

Well, ~ 500.000 detection rules should be ok for now, see here (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/updatehistory/index.html)
32000 sounds very very little to me... :eek: :laugh: It seems to me that you ran an very old version of Spybot...

Which operating system do you have?
How much RAM do you have?
Which CPU do you have?

teapot39
2009-04-13, 22:55
I think I had 1.4 before hand

Windows XP Professional
RAM - 512
CPU - 1.20GHz

So if 30 minutes is normal that is cool, I was just wondering if I should be doing something for the setup.

Thanks

Matt
2009-04-13, 23:01
I think I had 1.4 before hand

Windows XP Professional
RAM - 512
CPU - 1.20GHz

So if 30 minutes is normal that is cool, I was just wondering if I should be doing something for the setup.

Thanks
That would explain it... Spybot 1.4 isn't supported any longer with updates.

Please be sure that you have always the newest Version of Spybot installed onto your computer. ;) 30 minutes should be ok for your computer specifications... :bigthumb:

If you have any questions, please feel free to answer. :)