PDA

View Full Version : proxy settings via a batch file

clivebuckwheat
2006-05-30, 16:17
Can I set the proxy setting via a batch file?, if so how can i do this what file do i change?

i have several different proxy servers depending on which network i am.

thanks

md usa spybot fan
2006-05-30, 18:29
The proxy information is stored in the system registry in the following key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PepiMK Software\SpybotSnD]
The actual information entered into the Proxy settings pop-up is stored (encrypted) in the following value:

"ProxyAddress"="<--- encrypted information --->"
Theoretically you could make a .reg file for each of the required proxy settings and execute the appropriate .reg file prior to starting Spybot. You could then go one step further and tuck the various registry updates (using reg import) inside a single batch program that gives you a choice of which registry update you want to perform (using choice) and then starts Spybot from within that batch program.

I hate to put a damper on the whole thing, but since the proxy settings are only used during updates, why not wait until you are on the network that the proxy settings in Spybot were established for before attempting to update Spybot.

clivebuckwheat
2006-05-31, 14:59
thank you,

off hand do you know the regkey to check off the box use proxy in spybot?. I also need it to be checked.

md usa spybot fan
2006-05-31, 17:06
The indicator whether or not to use proxy settings is stored in the Spybot's Configuration.ini file not in the system registry. The Configuration.ini file is located in one of the following folders:
Windows 95 or 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
Windows ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
The UseProxy indicator is in the following section of the Configuration.ini file:
[Automation\WebUpdate]
The indicator statement is:
UseProxy=n. Were the values of n are:
0 for do not use proxy
1 for use proxy