PDA

View Full Version : Spybot changes screen resolution

WireryOne
2009-04-16, 22:33
I'm posting for a friend. A couple days ago I was working on his XP Pro computer, as per his request, and installed Spybot to do a scan, out of a hunch. It was working fine when I used it, it functioned exactly as I wanted and he took the machine back.

A few days later though, he comes back to me with his computer saying things aren't going well. When I open up Spybot the screen's resolution drops from 1024x768 to 640x480 and returns back to normal when I exit the program. This function has me quite perplexed and the guy assures me he has done nothing to warrant this effect. Does anyone have an answer as to why this would happen, and furthermore what I can do to keep it from happening?

Tom.K
2009-04-17, 20:35
Right-click on Spybot-S&D shortcut, select properties, go to Compatibility tab and uncheck "Run in 640x480 resolution" and apply. If it didn't work, then go to Control Panel > Folder Options, go to View tab, select "Show hidden files and folders", and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" and select Yes and apply. Now go to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy (default path) and right-click on SpybotSD.exe ,select properties, go to Compatibility tab and uncheck "Run in 640x480 resolution" and apply. After that, you can in Folder Options in View tab, select "Do not show hidden files and folders", and check "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" and apply.

rcabhe
2009-11-04, 14:58
I have the same problem: Whenever I start SPYBOT it changes my monitor's resolution and just gives it back to the regular one after the program is finished.

I tried to do what was explained above, but, in my case, the 640x480 box was not ticked (no box in this configuration screen was)...so, unfortunately it didn't help.

Could you give me another tip or maybe a workaround?

PS: I really like SPYBOT, but having the resolution changed to 640x480 is not acceptable during regular working hours, when I need to use my laptop for other thinks, in parallel...

Thanks in advance!