PDA

View Full Version : need help removing virtumond

inpachi
2009-04-19, 15:53
about a week ago i was infected with this annoying trojan called virtumond and in spybot it says the way to remove it is to click the repair selections then turn off my internet then restart and i have done that about 3 times and it wont remove completely when i start up my computer the pop up comes up every time. on a side note im not sure if it is a virus but i have this other window the "windows program is not responding we are sorry for the inconvenience end now" pop up when i shut down my computer it is called run.dll and i have no clue where it came from or how it got there it happened less than a week ago so i am guessing it is a virus also. so can someone help me to find a alternative way to get rid of virtumond and virtumond.prx? and if you can help me get rid of the run.dll thing also.

tashi
2009-04-19, 18:23
Hello,

Please see the stickied procedure for this forum: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Start a new topic providing the HJT log, then this one will be closed as helpers look for threads without a response.

Regards. :)