PDA

View Full Version : landing domain sponsor

xzone9
2009-04-19, 20:05
Can't seem to find a fix for this prominent issue. Does Spybot recognize this "cookie" or do we remove manually? Thank you.

drragostea
2009-04-19, 20:52
A cookie named "domain sponser"? Cookies don't pose any malicious harm as far as I know, but they can be misused.

You can always clear this cookie out via your Internet options in your browser. Doesn't always have to be a Spybot scan that looks for it. You can also configure to block the cookie.

xzone9
2009-04-19, 21:35
It's not produced by your browser cookies. It produces a page for any domain that you might try to visit that doesn't exist. It has been referenced as a "cookie", and looking for someone who has seen it before.

http://www.xzone9.net/test/img/landing_domain_sponsor-1.gif

drragostea
2009-04-19, 23:44
Then what are you looking for exactly? I thought you were referring to a cookie.

I recall something about your DNS doing with this...

xzone9
2009-04-20, 01:54
Well I am looking to get rid of it. I expected Spybot to do that but it doesn't seem to be familiar with this issue. If you Google "landing.domainsponsor.com", you will find a significant amount of people discovering this problem. If no one has seen this before I will keep searching. Thanks for your help.