PDA

View Full Version : Key Logger & Other Monitoring Software

idahosurge
2009-04-21, 21:44
Will Spybot detect key logger software and other types of monitoring software that have been installed on a PC that runs MS XP?

Rod

drragostea
2009-04-22, 02:21
It'll detect malicious keyloggers and PUP keyloggers (ones that were installed by user).

idahosurge
2009-04-22, 16:11
I guess that I should have been more specific because I am not sure that your anwser actually anwsered by question.

Will Spybot detect key logger programs and monitoring programs that are install by companies on to company computers?

Rod

spybotsandra
2009-04-22, 16:18
Hello,

It depends on the software.
There is a lot of monitoring software out there and we have quite a lot in our detections. If it is not found in a scan we should be able to see it in a bug report.

But another thing is that this pc that you are talking about needs to be licensed in it's use of Spybot. Spybot Search and Destroy is only free for the private use.
The license agreement is available here (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/paragraphs/spybotsd_license1.html).

To use Spybot in a corporate environment you need to purchase a license.

Some more information is available on www.safer-networking.ie

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

idahosurge
2009-04-22, 20:30
Thanks for the reply Sandra, my question was a question out of curiosity rather than actually wanting to use Spybot on a coporate PC.

Regards,

Rod