PDA

View Full Version : can't run HJT

jcox_21
2009-04-25, 03:37
I read the "read before posting" thread and I tried to follow the instructions. I saved my registry with ERUNT as instucted, but when I installed HJT it refuses to run. I am also experiencing the same problem with SB S&D. I have tried to open HJT by double-clicking on the desktop icon, right-clicking and selecting OPEN on the desktop icon, and selecting HIJACKTHIS in the start menu/all programs. Ideas?

jcox_21
2009-04-25, 08:05
After installing and running AVG, hijackthis opens and so does SB S&D. I have a feeling I have eradicated the issue, but I will post the HijackThis report here anyway. The original issue that was occurring which gave me pause was that the task bar was telling me the computer was "infected" and when I clicked on the pop up bubble in the taskbar it tried to running a program called aap.exe. However, aap.exe always crashed. I googled aap.exe and learned that it was some form of malware. Now, the problem has ceased. Here's the HJT report anyway. Thanks for your help.

pskelley
2009-04-27, 13:33
Here's the HJT report anyway.
copy and paste the HJT log to this thread.

Thanks

pskelley
2009-05-03, 14:08
Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

If it has been four days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than four days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or your helper a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.