PDA

View Full Version : windows shut down

bndhar
2009-04-30, 18:07
i am haveing a problem shuting down my computer in the normal way,after useing my pc.i hit start/shutdown/i click on shutdown/wait +wait+wait.nothing happens so i have to hit the power switch.which means my pc is not shuting down in the normal way.i am useing windows xp2.i have no virus etc.i do rember accidentaly deleting all my windows programme with unistaller pro 200.any help welcome muha::oops:

Tom.K
2009-05-01, 11:45
Which program you have uninstalled with "unistaller pro 200"?
Have you installed any other programs?
Try shutdown and wait at least one minute. If you see some window which says "Closing (Name of program)", can you tell what it's closing?

bndhar
2009-05-02, 00:31
thank you tom for the swift reply,i have tryed your surgestion afew times before posting my thread to the forum.and i have had no joy.nothing happens when i hit shut down.it trys but just does respond to the request.something in windows has been switched off.but i do not know how to go about searching to find the problem and fix it.any orther idea tom:oops:muha:

Tom.K
2009-05-02, 06:58
Can you use System Restore and restore to the last checkpoint before the problem came?
You haven't replied to these questions yet:
Which program you have uninstalled with "unistaller pro 200"?
Have you installed any other programs?

bndhar
2009-05-03, 01:12
hi tom.thank you for your time and effort to help me.i have found the problem 1 off my programme was preventing windows from shutting down.i tryed uninistalling each suspected app,and presto i found the 1.i have solved the problem the hard way.windows now shuts down.thanks again for your help tom for a young man you are so cool.keep it real/bndhar. muha: :wav: