PDA

View Full Version : undoing a blocked process?

ineedsyerhelp
2009-05-01, 23:47
i accidently blocked an update for flashplayerupdate and want to undo the action

3/5/2008 5:40:17 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "FlashPlayerUpdate" (new data: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil9b.exe") added in System Startup user entry!

i tried updating the flashplayer on their site and couldnt,i searched all over spybot to try to undo my action, tried right clicking the icon in the bottom left corner of my comp too, but in settings its totally empty in the "allowed regestry changes, blocked registry, allowed process,blockedprocess"
tried searching this forum and couldnt find the answer, tried help section and couldnt find. any help?

drragostea
2009-05-02, 04:27
I guess the only way to correct this is redo your Flash Update/Installation. You'll have to reinstall whatever you did (Flash).

ineedsyerhelp
2009-05-03, 03:02
did that, uninstalled and reinstalled but the flashplayer will only work 1/10'th of the time. it keeps giving out errors. my firefox is up to date, the videos are on youtube so i doubt thats the source of the problem. does it sound like this problem is with the action i took or? everything is up to date here...

ineedsyerhelp
2009-05-04, 19:11
please help! now when i go into yahoo it wont let me click links even there. this all seemed to happen when i upgraded to ie8. all my java info says "not verified", but i have updated it all. when i tried logging in to this place itself it took like 10 tries just to get logged in to finally post this on ie8. can anyone give me some hints about whats wrong here? and if its totally on ie8, how do i go back to ie7 keeping all my favorites and stuff in tact? although it would seem wierd that ie8 would affect how firefox is working.

Boy016
2009-05-04, 22:58
The solution lies there, with the flashplayer uninstaller:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

ineedsyerhelp
2009-05-06, 17:11
this is still not working, youtube vids show "error has occured". when i try clicking links on yahoo only certain ones allow me to click through to the next page which makes me think its all a problem with java? i reinstalled flashplayer after that uninstall but some websites are still asking that i install it. this place itself (spybot forum) wouldnt accept my first login. this is just getting stupid.
if i uninstall and reinstall spybot will that undo my prior actions for denying flashplayer? is there really no way to undo this action???