PDA

View Full Version : Fixed: every jpg I scan shows EBlaster under heuristics

azrael2000
2009-05-03, 16:34
Hi All.

I have something very strange going on, and want to confirm I don't have spyware or a virus.

When I started my computer this morning, I showed what looked like a spybot alert for the csrss.exe. I did some research and found that this is part of windows and ok. apparently crss.exe is the villain that plays around.

So I did a scan with spybot, fixed 2 troubles, and now I don't get the popup anymore. Great!

:laugh:

However, I realized that I had not integrated spybot so I could right-click / scan. I reinstalled the program, activating this feature, and after updating and immunizing, I figured I would give the feature a test. I picked a wallpaper that I have been using for a dog's age, and it passes the malware test, but the heuristics scan says "EBlaster".

I tested the .zip file the item is housed in, and both the malware and heuristic pass.

I have scanned my drive (Entire Computer) for virus' etc with AVG Free, and it passes ok...

Does anyone know why this would happen? Is this happening to anyone else?

Regards

Yodama
2009-05-04, 07:37
hello,

this is a false positive with the heuristics part of the single file scanner as reported in this thread (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=48199&page=2)

corrections will be released with the detection update scheduled for 2009-05-06