PDA

View Full Version : Spybot finds the problems but machine wont let them be fixed

LIONHEART
2009-05-05, 23:30
I have vista on my machine and I am the adminstrator which I logged in as (twice to be sure) however when I run the search and destroy it comes up with 23 funwebproducts, 16 myway.websearch, 1 mywebsearch trojan entry. The program runs and identifies them but when I ask it to fix it says I do not have permission. can you help

Meik
Thank you for your response.
I have tried your suggestion and deleted C:Program FilesMyWebSearch. However the folder C:Program FilesAskTBar is not in my machine and neither was it when I looked in Please do also delete the follwing registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREAskTBar

Open the registry editor by:
(a)
press windowskey + r then enter "regedit" (without quotation marks)
or
(b)
click on "start" , then "run" and enter "regedit" (without quotation marks)

(a+b)
and then browse to the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREAskTBar

I have re run spybot again this evening and still have the same amount of problems and it continues to tell me I do not have admin rights when I click to fix.
Do you have any other ideas I can use.
I am very grateful for your assistance

regards :

LIONHEART
2009-05-05, 23:34
I have vista on my machine and I am the adminstrator which I logged in as (twice to be sure) however when I run the search and destroy it comes up with 23 funwebproducts, 16 myway.websearch, 1 mywebsearch trojan entry. The program runs and identifies them but when I ask it to fix it says I do not have permission. can you help

Thank you for your response.
I have tried your suggestion and deleted C:Program FilesMyWebSearch. However the folder C:Program FilesAskTBar is not in my machine and neither was it when I looked in "regedit" for it.

Please do also delete the follwing registry key:

(a)
or
(b)

(a+b)

I have re run spybot again this evening and still have the same amount of problems and it continues to tell me I do not have admin rights when I click to fix.
Do you have any other ideas I can use.
I am very grateful for your assistance

regards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tue 05-May-09 2:55 PM
To: Heath Powell
Subject: Re: [SBSD] Cannot fix selected problems (Ticket: 222096742)

Hello Heath,

It seems that there are subfolders that are not being detected and therefore the main folders can't be deleted.
Please have a look at your folders and see which file paths you have left on your system. These could be the folders:

C:Program FilesMyWebSearch
C:Program FilesAskTBar

Delete those folders and its whole content.

Please do also delete the follwing registry key:

(a)
or
(b)

(a+b)

This link in our forum should also help removing MyWebSearch: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=40394

--
Best regards,

Team Spybot

tashi
2009-05-06, 02:38
Hello LIONHEART,

This is the malware removal forum and the procedure is here:
"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Could you start a new topic providing the HJT log please. If you would like someone to take a look at the system.

Questions regarding Spybot-S&D support can be asked here: Spybot-S&D Forums (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=4)

Regards. :)