PDA

View Full Version : idanibekepen.dll

toml5
2009-05-06, 03:59
Had accidently installed SpyBot on this system twice. Worked for a few days.
Not I get a dozen error messages (sequentially) stating that:
"error loading c:\windows\idanibekepen.dll- The specified file could not be found."

I looked on a second PC that has SpyBot installoed and cannot find it there either.
Anyone familiar with this problem?
Thanks
toml5

toml5
2009-05-06, 04:37
I attempted to un-install ONE copy of SpyBot.
This caused both installations to be removed.

I ran into this problem while using TeamViewer to remotely work on my Sisters PC which is about 200 miles away.
Tried to do a re-install which wanted to download "SpyBotsd-which includes .exe"
Download speed was only 7 kb/sec and failed several times.
The above error message about not finding idanibekepem.sll still pops up at about one minute intervals with SpyBot removed !
Asked my Sister to complete the new install. I then disconnected.
Will telephone soon and check her progress.
Thanks
TomL5

toml5
2009-05-06, 04:47
Called the Sister in Arkansas.
SpyBot installer "encountered an error, and had to quit"
She had the same download problem I encountered which was a very slow download speed from the SpyBot server, causing the connection to timeout and fail.
Will try again tomorrow in case the server is having a problem.
Anyone run into the missing dll problem ?
Thanks
TomL5

drragostea
2009-05-06, 07:53
Well, a Google search for that .dll term did not come up with any results. My guess is that a trojan or some sort like that was removed, that's why you'll encounter a message when you reboot (after removing the trojan) and Windows will tell you this .dll was not found etc.

Is your sister using a dial-up connection to access the Internet (that might explain the slow speeds, 7KB/Sec)?

To answer your question, I'm guessing this .dll was randomly generated by something malicious.

I'm pretty sure all the Spybot update servers should be up and running at full speed. If one update mirror does not work, try using another mirror. If that still does she could possibly be infected. Is Spybot-Search&Destroy still installed on... (which computer is this? Yours or hers?)?