PDA

View Full Version : Will not load

revmrf
2006-06-01, 23:05
I can't get SpyBot to load. it gets intercepted with a Microsoft message:

SpybotSD.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Using the Control Panel, I've deleted any version of the program. Then I reload Spybotsd14 to no avail... same thing.

Any clue?

md usa spybot fan
2006-06-02, 00:14
Is this a continuation of the same problem was being discussed here?
Spybot fails to load
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=2491
From that thread I got the impression that the problem was on only occurring on two of many systems. If that is the case can you elaborate if there is anything unique about those two particular systems as opposed to the other system where Spybot runs properly (OS and other software running on those systems would be a start)?

revmrf
2006-06-02, 15:53
I'm using Windows XP Professional. 1GB memory. No IRQ conflicts. No problems in any other software. I also subscribe to Webroot's Spy Sweeper. I do not use Microsoft's Aniti Spyware:

here's what M'soft says regarding the problem:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Error caused by Spybot - Search & Destroy: no specific solution available

Thank you for submitting an error report.

Problem description

An analyst at Microsoft has investigated this problem and determined that an unknown error occurred in Spybot - Search & Destroy. This software was created by PepiMK Software.

Recommendation

Microsoft has researched this problem with PepiMK Software, and they do not currently have a solution for the problem that you reported. Below is a recommendation to take that may help prevent the problem from recurring.

* Contact PepiMK Software for support or product updates.

Additional information

If this problem continues to occur with the latest product updates for Spybot - Search & Destroy, we recommend you obtain assistance and troubleshooting information directly from PepiMK Software.

revmrf
2006-06-02, 15:58
Yep, you're correct. Back in February I had the first occurence of the same thing... I forgot. Guess I'll just have to forget usage of this program. Never heard back from Norma, back then. SpyBot worked well, when it worked for me.

bitman
2006-06-02, 21:39
revmrf: It appeared from the second page of the other thread that you'd solved the problem at the time, though maybe it was a temporary fix?

Anyway, just wondered if you've ever tried running Spybot in safe mode? Since this will limit the other software that might me causing a conflict, at least you'd learn if the problem is due to something else in a startup or something more core to OS or AV, which always run.

tashi
2006-06-02, 22:19
OT

Re:
Microsoft has researched this problem with PepiMK Software

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=1733#post1733

An analyst at Microsoft has investigated this problem
Microsoft has researched this problem with PepiMK Software, and they do not...

They're so funny. Making the impression like someone really dealt with this problem. We're no longer named PepiMK Software, but Safer Networking Limited, for more than a year.
We've been never contacted for research of this by Microsoft.