PDA

View Full Version : WEBWATCHER hacked my laptop - PLEASE HELP!

atmyservice
2009-05-06, 16:21
I had this same problem last year with an old laptop - someone i used to date found access to my computer and installed some sort of stalking thing. I finally gave up and traded it in for a hand me down from my cousin....but here we go again.

Somehow he managed to gain access (without my knowledge or permission) and downloaded the software again. I believe it is Webwatcher. look it up in google you will see my problem.

I have:
- ordered and am paying for Verizon internet security suite
- called verizon many times and they had never heard of such a problem.
- replaced my modem
- changed my IP address
- involved the local police - placed a harrassment report.

I actually CALLED webwatchers phone number yesterday and had some robotic devil man on the other end repeat over and over "Sorry we cannot help you maam". He hung up on me.

This product is reserved for people who either want to keep watch over their OWN computers and the use that takes place on them, or PSYCHOS like my ex.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Other than reformatting the computer (which i have been told may not even work) or getting a new computer, i fear that I will not have my PRIVACY back for EVER.

tashi
2009-05-06, 16:30
Hello atmyservice,

Please see this forum's FAQ and start a new topic providing the HJT log.
"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Regards. :)