PDA

View Full Version : Abnormal working

berpi
2009-05-08, 10:54
Hello,
At first, sorry for my poor English (I'm 'Frenchy'...) and this text is a machine translation.
I am running under Xp Pro Sp3.
I have SpyBot version 1.6.6.32 installed.
I have Avira AntiVir version 9.0.0.394 installed.
When I start my PC, I have the TeaTimer icon in the the taskbar (side clock).
Until there, nothing of very abnormal!

And then, sometimes, on desktop, when I want to empty the Recycle Bin (right click on icon),
there is a blockage! hourglass, more nothing to manage it, impossible to make something else !

Then, I make:
Ctrl Alt Del -> Windows Task Manager -> Processes tab -> explorer.exe -> End Process
and then after :
Applications tab -> New task -> C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe... and there, all unblocks itself!

However, it makes disappear the TeaTimer icon of the taskbar!
... but TeaTimer is always present and active in Windows Task Manager -> Processes tab

To the next start of the PC, all will be normal... until the next time!
(unforeseeable problem and variable periodicity of apparition...)

Conclusion: 2 questions
- Why does my office jam?
- Why does TeaTimer icon disappears?

Is this due to: Xp3, Explore, SpyBot, Avira or other?
Thank you to help me.
Regards
Pierre

drragostea
2009-05-09, 02:06
I'm not sure what might make it "jam", but I'll give a shot. Do you use Heidi's Eraser (file shredder program)?

I doubt your situation has to do with any of the programs you listed in your post.

I'm not sure why the TeaTimer icon disappears, but it could be possible that you've ended explorer.exe (your desktop and the taskbar). But I'm sure TeaTimer is still running (just the icon that disappeared) if you check the Windows Task Manager.

And then, sometimes, on desktop, when I want to empty the Recycle Bin (right click on icon),
Is it just the Recycle Bin? How about other documents/files?