PDA

View Full Version : Where do SpybotSD.exe and SDUpdate.exe reside?

ohanna
2009-05-09, 04:00
Hi,

I see on my Zone Alarm that the following programs are trying to access the internet, but when I go to the actual directory I am not able to find these exe's, I am not able to find them using the hidden file option either. Could someone shine some light on me please?

c:\Program Files\Spybot Search & Destroy\SDUpdate.exe
c:\Program Files\Spybot Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe

I am running S&D 1.6.2.46, Vista.

Thanks a lot.

Zenobia
2009-05-09, 04:28
Did you remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files when showing Hidden Files?

ohanna
2009-05-09, 05:46
Thanks.

I am using Vista so I don't see the option you mentioned. Instead, on Window Explorer when I did the search I checked the option "Include non-indexed, hidden, and system files", and did not find the SpybotSD.exe file. And, I have the "show hidden files" selected in my Folder Options.

When I run S & D, I do see SpybotSD.exe showing up on my taskmanager, although I still don't find it in the c:\Program Files\Spybot & Destroy\, which is really strange.

Cheers.

Zenobia
2009-05-09, 22:13
I have Vista,too. :)
You have to remove the checkmark under folder options,not in search.
Please see here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial130.html

ohanna
2009-05-10, 02:31
Thanks again. Did that too. Still don't see those files. I do know that the settings have been changed because I am seeing hidden files that I didn't see before.

ohanna
2009-05-10, 07:13
Oops I am sorry! I missed the last one, just re-read the link you posted very carefully and realized that there are three options that I need to change. I see the files now. Thanks again for your help.

Zenobia
2009-05-10, 10:11
You're welcome. :)