PDA

View Full Version : Faulty

reddc
2009-05-11, 00:00
Everytime I download spybot freeware it is faulty and I cannot use it, all that appears is a tiny little oblong box not the full page? Can anyone help please.:confused:

jpChris
2009-05-11, 00:36
Hi reddc,

Are you dial-up, or DSL, or . . . ? Does it download OK and show up like the picture does wherever you downloaded it? Can you put your cursor anywhere on the edge of the box, and drag it open further?

If no joy, some things to try:

1) Disable any Download Managers you may be using.
2) Try disabling any anti-virus software (right click on the anti-virus program's icon near the clock and select "stop" or whatever it may say. It will be re-started when you reboot.) and then try to download\install.
3) Have you cleaned your Cache, Trash, Cookies, History, and Temp Files?

reddc
2009-05-11, 23:45
Hi Chris,

I am on dsl, all that shows up is a tiny little oblong box so you cannot maximise the page, and therefore I cannot run the scan.

Zenobia
2009-05-12, 04:06
Hello. :)
You see the tiny oblong box after Spybot is installed,is that correct?And is it down by the taskbar?
If so,could you rightclick the Spybot icon,select properties.Is minimize selected in the dropdown box beside Run: ?

jpChris
2009-05-12, 04:55
Hi reddc,

1) Does it download OK?
2) Does it install OK?
3) In Start | Programs is there a folder for SBS&D? If so, what happens when you click on the program from there?
4) Are you using a shortcut from somewhere else to access the program?

What I was referring to with the cursor was to roll it over the box you have and whether it stays an arrow or turns into an "I". If it turns into an "I", then hold down the mouse button and see if it'll drag open.