PDA

View Full Version : Not installing.

jamie_232
2009-05-14, 14:23
Hey every one.

I've had a look around the forum for posts where people have similer problems to what i'm having... I found an awnser witch was to un-check "download updates immadiatly" because spybot would get an error once i go to the main install screen where it could not connect.

Any way.. Now it starts to install. Gets to the end of the installation, and then i get a BSOD, pc resets itself.

Before all the above troble... Here is the cause.

I downloaded a file witch came with a torjan... I deleted the folder that i saved the file in, and run spybot. It picks up a few trojans, but as soon as i press fix, i get the error "You must run program as administrator to fix selected problems" followed by a whole bunch of access denied errors to deleting the trojans?

So i reboot SB in admin... or try to atleast. All i get is "program has stopped working". After a few different attempts to load SB (going to its folder etc) i decide to uninstall / reinstall it. Then the errors start :p

Please give me some awnsers on this one. :confused:

--
Deleted ../windows/temp & Prefect

Matt
2009-05-14, 19:13
Hi jamie_232,

do you have Signs of Malware (http://www.virusvault.us/signs1.html)?

You couldn't delete this trojans with Spybot at this time because you didn't run it as Admin... :sad:

You should follow this suggestion (http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=304562&postcount=2), to make sure that you're really clean.

Happy Safer Surfing for the future. :bigthumb:

jamie_232
2009-05-14, 19:59
Well the trojan corrupted a bunch of system files... I've re-installed windows now... How annoying :P Good thing i partishion my hard drives

Matt
2009-05-14, 21:43
Hi jamie_232,

thank you for this update.

I can give you some recommendations according to Malware Prevention, if you need them. Just ask. ;)

Take care. :rockon:

jamie_232
2009-05-17, 13:39
Thanks for the offer... I read up a little more about how to prevent it... Next time i wont get annoyed that the media i downloaded needed a lisence, in rage click download to see what will happen.

Matt
2009-05-17, 21:36
Thank you for this update.

Happy Safe Surfing!