PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Browers not working

tommyp7625
2009-05-17, 16:57
So my in-laws ran their Spybot and got a hit on some malware listed as security overides. They then fixed the problems. now ie and firefox will not work. And that should say browsers not browers.. Also I can get google to come up but nothing else..

md usa spybot fan
2009-05-17, 17:17
tommyp7625:

Have you attempted to do a Spybot > Recovery if the intems that were fixed?

What were the detections that were fixed? Please post the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log from the previous scan that shows the detections in question.
There are two methods to copy and post that information from previous scans:
Method 1:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > View Previous reports. Look for the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file that contains the detections that you would like help with.
Open it.
To copy it to the Clipboard, right click on the listing and select Select All > Right click again and select Copy.
Paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of the Clipboard into a new post in this thread.
Method 2
The Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file is stored in the following folders:
Windows 95 or 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows Vista:
C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the correct Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log. Double click on it and it should open with Notepad. To copy it to the Clipboard, right click on the listing and select Select All > Right click again and select Copy. Paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of the Clipboard into a new post in this thread.