PDA

View Full Version : Help with an persistent infection

John Perez
2009-05-20, 18:46
Good afternoon,

Following a recommendation from a fora user, I reposted my original problem (found in the Tavern) in this section so I could get some help concerning an infection that S&D does no find after scanning, yet keeps popping up or deviating my web searches, it is an advertising website called: internet-security-tools which has persistently resisted to deletion.

I'll Post the hijackthis log when I get home, since this PC is clean and the one in there is the one with problems.

The malware got to the extreme of denying access to S&D at some points, as well as the antivirus, which found them yet couldn't delete them.

Thanks in advance,

John Perez

I apologize for not having the log in advance, but the malware didn't allowed me to download the program in my place.

tashi
2009-05-20, 18:51
Hello John Perez,

Once you have the log please start a new topic in this forum and copy/paste it into that.

Then this thread will be closed.

Cheers.

John Perez
2009-05-21, 02:43
I'm having a problem when trying to run Hijackthis program.

It is not being allowed to start. Any advice on how to overcome that?

Thanks in advance,

John Perez

Shaba
2009-05-21, 12:26
Hi John Perez

Please rename HijackThis.exe and let me know if it runs now :)

Shaba
2009-05-25, 06:24
Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If it has been four days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than four days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required. Please do not add any logs that might have been requested in the closed topic, you would be starting fresh.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.