PDA

View Full Version : Need further directions before I start

leblancr
2009-05-21, 17:20
Hello,

I've read the "before you post instructions" and have downloaded combo-fix and Hi-Jack this, but have a question before I start generating the logs.

I have Spybot S&D installed on my VISTA machine, and also have Symantec Anti-Virus installed.

My machine started choking and hanging on Monday. I tried to run Spybot and it won't start. I have TeaTimer set up, but I don't know how to stop it, if it's even working.

Also, when I try to do anything touching Symantec, it locks up, so I can't disable it either.

If I right click on any of my HardDrives, and select Scan with Spybot, It does run that and identifies Win32.TDSS.RTK being present on all of them, but has no ability to clean it. So I have a suspicion I know what the problem is, but don't know how to get it off.

Do I go ahead and follow the steps without disabling TeaTimer or Symantec and post the logs or am I just wasting all of our time?

Thanks in advance

Rene LeBlanc

tashi
2009-05-21, 17:36
Hello leblanc,

Hello,
I've read the "before you post instructions" and have downloaded combo-fix and Hi-Jack this, but have a question before I start generating the logs.

Do NOT run 'FIXES' before helpers have analyzed the HJT log (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=16806 ) ;)

Please start a new topic providing the HJT log and a link to this one so that the person who assists is aware of the problem.

Cheers