PDA

View Full Version : Novice

rlmosq
2009-05-21, 19:01
Hi I am new to spybot. After reading the disclaimer before deleting the scan results, I did not really know what was happening and proceeded at my own risk.

Everything is fine except that I can not sign in in facebook. I tried undoing changes but it did nothing. How can I fix this?

I appreciate any help

Matt
2009-05-21, 22:41
Hi rlmosq,

:welcome: to Safer Networking Forums. ;)

Which kind of Malware did Spybot delete? Can you give us more details? :thanks:

rlmosq
2009-05-22, 17:41
Matt, I'm sorry but I don't know. How can I find that out?

md usa spybot fan
2009-05-22, 17:52
rlmosq:

Matt, I'm sorry but I don't know. How can I find that out?
Post the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.txt log from the running of Spybot when you fixed the malware.

There are two methods to copy and post that information:
Method 1:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > View Previous reports. Look for the appropriate Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.txt log file. Open it. To copy it to the Clipboard, right click on the listing and select Select All > Right click again and select Copy. Paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of the Clipboard into a new post in this thread.
Method 2
The Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log files are stored in the following folders:
Windows 95 or 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows Vista:
C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy
Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the correct Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.txt log. Double click on it and it should open with Notepad. To copy it to the Clipboard, right click on the listing and select Select All > Right click again and select Copy. Paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of the Clipboard into a new post in this thread.
Note: By default here are two Checks.yymmdd-hhmm logs produced during a scan. The second Checks.yymmdd-hhmm has the details of what the scan found. A Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log is produced if you fix or attempt to fix something.