PDA

View Full Version : Graphical Inteface doesn't appear

AlsoPerplexed
2009-05-24, 20:58
Just recently my version of Spybot stopped working fully. Tea timer still works and when I execute the main program it must be in RAM because TASK Manager shows it present in the processes list but there is no user interface displayed. I had some problem with a virus which I manually detected and deleted and suspect it might have deleted a dll file but I have reloaded Spybot twice with no luck. Does anyone have any suggest as to a solution to this problem. Incedently, I am also having problems with my Catalyst contol center on my ATI gralphics card so there may be a connection with the two problems but non of my other programmes seem to be affeced. Any assistance will be appreceted.
AlsoPerplexed.

Matt
2009-05-24, 22:28
Hi AlsoPerplexed,

:welcome: to Safer Networking Forums.

there is still the possibility that Malware is on your computer and blocks Spybot from running. What you can do:

Step # 1: Try to start Spybot
Therefore, md usa spybot fan has posted a very good guide, which you can find here (http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=294582&postcount=3).

If this doesn't help you, you should go to the next step:

Step # 2: Malware Removal Forum
I would like you to follow these instructions (http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=304562&postcount=2), just to make sure that you are clean. :bigthumb:

AlsoPerplexed
2009-05-25, 20:06
Thanks Matt
Your suggestion and link helped alot. The alternate method of using the Screensaver to open the programme is a temporary fix although I still cannot get the main executable file to opereate. I think I mau still have some hidden virus on my computer becausy every so often I get these mysterious people speaking sounds through my computer speakers. I suspect a hiddent audio trojan somewhere on my computer but havn't been able to find it yet.
Thanks again

Matt
2009-05-25, 21:40
Hi AlsoPerplexed,

Thank you for this update. If Spybot can't get rid of this Malware, I would like you to execute Step # 2. :thanks:

Happy safe surfing for the future. :rockon: