PDA

View Full Version : Entry Point Not Found Error - Need Help

Matt The Pirate
2009-05-25, 06:47
Does anyone know what this message means....

The Proceedure Entry Point WMCreate SyncReader could not be located in the dynamic link library WMVCore.DLL

I just re-installed my my operating system. Seems to be working. I can go to Internet explorer and run my MP3RocketPro fine. But when I go to launch one of my Voice Overdub programs I get this message. And I think same message on some other stuff. Don't know if this is a Java problem or Active X or what. The Overdub program was working just fine before I re-installed my operating system which is Windows XP Pro.

Thx,
Matt The Pirate

Matt The Pirate
2009-05-25, 07:28
Hi,

I got a virus and I re-installed my Windows XP Pro operating system. I have done that before and had no problems, even after viruses. But this time it seems although the re-install worked, I might have some kind of registry error.

I am getting a message.....

"The Proceedure Entry Point WMCreate SyncReader could not be located in the dynamic link library WMVCore.DLL"

....and I don't know what to do. Unfortunately, I downloaded a free registry cleaner before I read not to. It found some errors and fixed but It didn't fix this problem and I am still getting this error when I try to launch for example one of my music voice overdub programs and related software which I know was working fine before the virus and re-install of the OS.

Thanks,
Matt The Pirate

tashi
2009-05-25, 07:46
Hello Matt The Pirate,

Have you installed Windows Media Player yet?

Matt The Pirate
2009-05-25, 09:06
Hi Tashi,

No, I have not installed window's media player yet. Should I?

M the P

Matt The Pirate
2009-05-25, 09:13
Actually, Windows Media Player IS on my computer, I just checked.

I didn't specifically install it but I guess it either loaded with the OS or when I installed Java....not sure.

M the P

Matt The Pirate
2009-05-25, 22:07
Well, I got it working now. I guess I just needed to download SERVICE PACK 2.

Thanks for the help!

M the P

Matt
2009-05-25, 22:10
Hi Matt The Pirate,

Well, I got it working now. I guess I just needed to download SERVICE PACK 2.

Don't forget to download and install Service Pack 3 and all security updates. It's dangerous out there. :fear: