PDA

View Full Version : adware.SideSearch

Feuerengel
2009-05-31, 17:42
Hi all,

I've a problem with a remove. I use both at time Malwarebytes and Spybot to obtain a complete security.
For some days, my PC crash at the running of Windows, after I start my session. Firsts apps get correctly, but suddenly, the hard drive stop reading and the PC crashes. So after some searches, I saw that it was lied to the vista's sidebar. I disable it at the start menu, and, after restarting, Malwarebytes indicate that a file "try to launch a malicious process" and give me the name of the process. I tried quarantine, unsuccessfully, 'cause of an other crash. Restarting, retrying, and this time I ignore it, and it give me a new process, and again, and again, and again.

RtkBtMnt.exe
mmcshext.dll
gpapi.dll
Rsaenh.dll
apphelp.dll
hhsetup.dll
advcheck.dll (IN SPYBOT FILE !)
Gredssp.dll

If you could help me...

! Thanks !

Dakeyras
2009-06-01, 16:43
Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.

If you think you have similar problems, please post a log in the HJT forum and wait for help.
Hi Feuerengel and welcome to Safer Networking :).

I'm Dakeyras and I am going to try to assist you with your problem. Please take note of the below:

I will start working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine!.
The process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine is clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
It may prove beneficial if you print of the following instructions or save them to notepad as I post them.
Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.
Before we start:

Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.

Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.

Next:

I would like for your good self to read the below topic please:

BEFORE you POST(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Specifically this reply (http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=1150&postcount=2) within the topic.

When carried out all in the aforementioned in the topic please post back a HijackThis Log and we can proceed form there, thank you.

Dakeyras
2009-06-04, 00:11
Hi :)

Everything OK, do you still need help with your machine?

If the instructions are unclear or something isn't working, please let me know before proceeding.

Dakeyras
2009-06-07, 00:23
Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If it has been four days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than four days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.