PDA

View Full Version : Spybot ver. 1.5??

chukeej
2009-06-04, 07:05
My OS: WinXP/256 MB/1.2 Ghz processor. AVG/Spywareblaster/Zone Alarm. I currently have SS&D 1.5 installed and have been getting all the latest updates w/out any problems. However, SS&D takes forever to load when I launch it and after the updates it will more often than not freeze/hang and I have to Ctrl Alt Del to end the program. Also when scanning my computer, it takes forever - sometimes more than 2 hrs. or more to scan. It recently found some malware and then deleted them on command. I have d/loaded Ver: 1.6.2.exe and its been sitting on my desktop for about 2 weeks now with some hesitation on my part to install it over ver: 1.5. I don't know whether I should just uninstall 1.5 and install 1.6 (??) since I've been getting all the latest Detection Rules updates for 1.5 w/o problems?? What can be the cause of it taking so looooong to load and then soooo looooong to scan, and hanging/freezing? I know that AVG scan found some tracking cookies but I deleted those. Also any advice on how I can prevent tracking cookies? I never had these show up before in AVG scans?
Thank you for any information.:sad:

spybotsandra
2009-06-04, 10:05
Hello,

We already have located the startup problems in Spybot S&D version 1.5 and fixed it.
Here is the download file for the fix - the new Spybot Version 1.6.2 (http://www.spybotupdates.com/files/spybotsd162.exe).

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot