PDA

View Full Version : Can't Use Internet After Running SpyBot!

undermind
2009-06-06, 01:03
This is an ongoing problem. Hopefully there's a simple solution that someone here can offer..

Whenever I run a Spybot system scan, then fix found items, I lose my internet connection. In the past I have fixed this by going one by one through the list of found items and recovering them in Spybot. (so basically reversing the Spybot fix of the problem).

My problem NOW is that I have fixed a handful of problems found by Spybot, and have reversed them ALL, and I still can't connect to the internet.

Regarding not being able to connect to the internet: When the computer starts up, I know I'm not going to be able to connect because a few programs like Steam and Winamp Remote that connect on startup fail to connect and put "failed to connect" messages on the screen. Then of course you can't connect using a web browser either. (I've tried them all) The strange thing is that the network DOES show connected in Network Connections. I've done all the typical things like ipconfig release & renew and repair connection, and they work like normal. Everything looks fine with the connection, you just can't connect!

Any ideas??
Thanks

spybotsandra
2009-06-08, 12:47
Hello,

Which version of Spybot do you run?
Do you have immunized your system with Spybot?
Which items have you fixed exactly?
What were they named?

Please post your fixed log here.
It should be stored here:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\logs
Please note that the Application Data Folder is hidden. So if you can't find this folder please check your folder properties.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot