PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Language on Update Feature?!?

smokethapimp
2009-06-06, 06:36
Hello. I am trying to repair an old laptop for a friend with little money. Operating System is Windows Millennium. I have fully updated this with the exception of several Windows Language Packs that refuse to install. They seem to be mostly Chinese, Korean, German, Japanese and a few others.

For security I have installed AVAST Free Home AV, Jetico Personal Firewall, Superantispyware free, and Spybot Search and Destroy downloaded from Download.com.

When I installed Spybot I instantly noticed a Language other than English in the Installer Interface. Other directions were in English though. After the Install, when I Update the program, I see this same Wrong Language on the Update Interface. The Server Choices and other instructions are in English, but the main Interface Seems written in another Language. It looks kind of like what I have seen written in Arabic Newspapers before, but I am not sure. Please forgive my ignorance of Languages, but why is this happening.

With Spybot on my own computer I see 100% English, but I have this strange Language on my friends Laptop. I have Re-Selected English from the Language Menu several times, but the Strange/Different Language on the Update Interface persists. I feel like a dummy here. Can someone help me? Thank you in advance...........Smoke (my nickname)

smokethapimp
2009-06-08, 07:47
I guess I didn't explain this problem clearly enough to get any help. I probably should have posted screenshots.

It was easier just to uninstall Spybot so that's what I did. It was weird though. I have installed Spybot on my computers for years, and for family and friends too, but I have never seen this problem before. I hope it wasn't some form of virus or Spyware. I scanned with Avast and with Housecall's Online scan and they showed clean so hopefully my friend's laptop is OK.