PDA

View Full Version : I just got new comp and can't immunize. Please Help!

glsentrp
2009-06-13, 05:39
I just had to get a new comp and it is running Vista Basic home edition. It tells me I can't immunize all files because I am not an adminstrator. Yes I am I am the only one who uses the comp. I also did what FAQ said and click on given Admin rights. There are still over 10,000 files in fire fox and IE that it won't immunize because it says I am not an admin.

I have used SB forever and love it and have never had any problems. Until I got this new comp and Vista 5 days ago.

I am comp challenged, so if you could give me a very simple solution I would very much appreciate it.

Thank You

Matt
2009-06-13, 11:41
Hi glsentrp,

:welcome: to Safer Networking Forums. :)

Did you run Spybot as Admin (right click on Spybot icon and choose run as administrator) ?

glsentrp
2009-06-22, 07:13
Yes I did that didn't work so I uninstalled spybot and reinstalled it. Then it worked and immunized all the files. Then today as I did an update there are 28 new files it says the same thing. I am not an admin so i can't do it. I right click on the spybot program and give me admin statues (even though I already have it) but it does no good. It seems that if there is an update it won't let me immunize those new files.

Thank You for the quick answer. I have been gone so have been slow replying back.

So now I am lost and don't know what to do. I love SB..:(

Matt
2009-06-22, 10:53
I am not an admin so i can't do it.
I think that this is your problem. If you don't install and run Spybot as full Admin, there can be problems with the immunization... like incomplete immunization for example.

Another reason could be different security programs, but I guess that's not the problem in your case.

drragostea
2009-06-23, 04:50
Are there just 28 "counters" that are not Immunized? What areas are not being Immunized?

Use Webroot SpySweeper? ZoneAlarm?

firebrddriver
2009-06-24, 15:03
Hi,,I'm not experiencing this problem but I saw where you said to right click spybot and chose,,"run as administrator",,when I run click the icon I don't see that choice,,I do have an option to "run as" but when it opens its asks if I want to run as "current user-owner",,is that the same thing as the admin,,thanks,,this is just for my own knowledge.