PDA

View Full Version : immunization feature of Spybot S & D

salb5417
2009-06-19, 06:17
Just want to let folks know that the immunization feature of Spybot - Search & Destroy jammed up (140,000 entries) my IE6 restricted sites so my PC ground to a halt 20 miniutes after each boot-up. I updated with the microsoft KB969679, but after the fact, that didn't help.

Then I stumbled onto the issue on the S&D web site when I was getting a new copy of the spybot S&D for a new PC. I reversed the immunization feature of Spybot - Search & Destroy which cleared out the hugh list of sites and bingo the PC run normal again. If MS fixed the issue it was only in IE8.

My current recommendation to my family, friends, customers and anyone is: Do not use immunization feature yet, with IE6, IE7, or even IE8.

Salb

spybotsandra
2009-06-19, 10:21
Hello,

It is always recommendable to run the newest software version with the current updates. This means Spybot 1.6.2 and IE8. With that combination included the latest Microsoft fix, there should not be any problems.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

salb5417
2009-06-25, 04:37
:thanks:I think you misunderstood my intentions.

I was running Spybot S & D 1.6.2 with IE6 and latest updates in May 2009 when this happened. I have not upgraded to IE7 and Will not upgrade to IE8 till the IE8 compatiblity issues are mostly resolved. I will upgrade to IE7 when my new systems are stable and probably test the immunization feature

Until then, I will run Spybot S & D 1.6.2 with IE6, but without the immunization feature because turning on the immunization feature which causes the problems with IE8 will also cause the same to IE6

So I or someone probably should be telling Microsoft that the problem with IE8 also exists with IE6.