PDA

View Full Version : removal of Virtumonde

gailmpowell
2009-06-22, 04:25
I have spent all day trying to get Spybot Search & Destroy (SBSD) to remove Virtumonde.dsn from 2 computers. I continually ran SBSD, it did not remove the it from either computer, when I ran "fix the problem".

After 8 hours of this Norton Internet Security began to run in the background. It finally discovered and removed both problems that were found on one of the computers.

However, now when the Windows options menu shows, it does not reflect the programs that are expected to begin running at start up.

I am now rerunning SBSD to ensure that Virtumond.dsn is not recognized as a problem.

I am new on this forum so excuse any violations--just wanted others to know what I found. I am running Windows XP.

gailmpowell
2009-06-22, 04:32
I have spent all day trying to get Spybot Search & Destroy (SBSD) to remove Virtumonde.dsn from 2 computers. I continually ran SBSD, it did not remove the it from either computer, when I ran "fix the problem".

After 8 hours of this Norton Internet Security began to run in the background. It finally discovered and removed both problems that were found on one of the computers.

However, now when the Windows options menu shows, it does not reflect the programs that are expected to begin running at start up.

I am now rerunning SBSD to ensure that Virtumond.dsn is not recognized as a problem.

I am new on this forum so excuse any violations--just wanted others to know what I found. I am running Windows XP.