PDA

View Full Version : Spybot detecting cookies

IMNdi
2009-06-22, 21:53
Hi.

Spybot keeps on detecting cookies on my PC. I tried disabling tracking usage, cookies and everything I could find related to cookies, but it keeps finding them (in Firefox).

I know I can ignore them, but it's quite distracting.

How do I disable them? Can I disable them? I know I can block said sites individually but I just don't really care about cookies that much.

drragostea
2009-06-23, 05:30
I'm not sure what to say, since disabling User Trackage in the File Sets (Advanced Mode) always guarantees not detecting cookies, cache, etc. from the browsers.

Do you mind posting a screenshot?

IMNdi
2009-06-23, 10:40
I attached them I hope this works.

I wonder what I missed.

Edit: they got resized so I attached details

drragostea
2009-06-23, 19:00
I just need a few more details...
What Operating System are you running?
What version of Spybot-Search&Destroy?

And I would like you to manually empty all your cookies from your browsers.

IMNdi
2009-06-23, 21:27
I run Spybot 1.6.2, up-to-date (as up to date as it gets itself, i just mash the buttons)

OS is XP (2002 version, 5.1.2600) SP2. And I don't really plan on moving soon.

However, the exact same thing happens to me at work, on test machine, a SP3 XP, up to date. I have seen several other machines do this, but we don't really have anything less than SP2 in production.

I remember it used to do this, I checked then unchecked the options and it worked. Didn't work in newer versions though I can't tell when it happened. I just assumed I have a loose checkbox.

IMNdi
2009-07-03, 18:38
Soooo ... any ideas? Nobody else has Spybot finding all kinds of cookies with the cookies and usage tracking off?

Matt
2009-07-04, 13:00
Hi IMNdi,

Soooo ... any ideas? Nobody else has Spybot finding all kinds of cookies with the cookies and usage tracking off?

do you want to get rid of these tracking cookies?

drragostea
2009-07-07, 04:56
This seems like some kind of glitch... it might be difficult to reproduce.

I would like you to uninstall and reinstall Spybot... if that doesn't resolve it... I guess we'll have to get the developers attention and maybe they can reproduce it (unlikely).

spybotsandra
2009-07-07, 11:30
Hello,

They are generated by the domains.
So unticking the cookies.sbi won't delete them completely from the detection. You have to rightclick and choose ignore in order to exclude them from future scans.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

ght1
2009-07-08, 18:39
Cookie detection should be disabled after installation, cookies are not dangerous :bigthumb:

Matt
2009-07-08, 20:39
cookies are not dangerous :bigthumbbut annoying... :hair:

Cookie detection should be disabled after installation
Or you delete them once and for all and then be sure that your immunization works. ;)