PDA

View Full Version : Spybot will not install

jazz270282
2009-06-26, 05:19
Hello,

last week i brought a new laptop, it came with the norton antivirus free trial. While visiting a site (i dont remember what) norton detected a virus (again i dont remember what) norton then crashed on me and would not run at all even after following the "fixes" it suggested. Ive always used AVG free on my PC's so i uninstalled Norton and after a few attempts finally managed to find and install AVG.I ran AVG which had a few hits but all were successfully removed. After that i also tried to install Spybot however it will not fully install, i get to the final page for installation, click install and then I get a error which reads " Error Sending Request The server name or address could not be resolved"
I know I have some form of virus/ spyware or somethimg on my PC as my browser frequently directs to Myspace (which i dont use) on the first click on a link, but when i go back to my search and click the same link again it will generally take me to where i need to go- unless it is a Safer Networking page (in which case the link is always broken)
My browser has also been opening up webpages that generally start with ad. eg ad.reduxmedia.com

I am aware that i am supposed to post my system information etc however i am new to Vista and still learning the ropes, so any help in getting the process started would be greatly appreciated.

drragostea
2009-06-26, 05:24
This sounds like a malware infection. Read Matt's post, that'll have instructions to clean out the malware on your machine:
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=304562&postcount=2
-