PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!

mocco
2009-06-26, 13:55
Hi There,

Having tried to install another Virus Protection programme and failing miserably I had to contact their call centre.

It took them 2 hours to remove their software and so i am now left unprotected.

Spybot - Search & Destroy appears to load and run correctly but I can't uninstall it.

If I try to uninstall Spybot - Search & Destroy it shows this error message,
'C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy \unins000.msg is missing'

A similar thing has happened to several other virus scanners I have installed.

Can anyone please help me??

Cheers,

mocco

tashi
2009-06-26, 16:16
Hello mocco,

A similar thing has happened to several other virus scanners I have installed.

Was the computer previously without any protection, or did a program fail? Also which security programs did you try to install? Please let me know before I direct you to our malware removal forum.

By the way Spybot-S&D is not an anti virus program. The application searches for spyware, malware, adware, trojans, hijackers and keyloggers. :)

Cheers

mocco
2009-06-26, 17:17
Hi Tashi,

Last week Norton failed on my PC it just dissapeared. On phone to Norton Internet Security 2009 on 3 seperate occassions and every time the link failed.

So I bought Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 on recommendation.

It would not install properly and again 2 hours on the phone to them got the bloody thing uninstalled.

They say it is a conflict between the many malware scanneers i had installed including Spybot.

Kaspersky says I must uninstall these before I attemp to reinstal Kaspersky.

Problem is none of them will let me uninstall including Spybot.

Please help

tashi
2009-06-26, 17:51
Hi mocco,

They say it is a conflict between the many malware scanneers i had installed including Spybot.

Kaspersky says I must uninstall these before I attemp to reinstal Kaspersky.

Ah so Kaspersky continues that practice.

Anyway, you may have malware blocking security programs so please follow the instructions in this link to produce a HJT log: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22) where an analyst will advise you as soon as available.

Best regards.