PDA

View Full Version : Acai Berry message on Adium, MAC platform. Where to get help?

Marlique
2009-06-29, 20:14
Hi there!

First, this problem is on a Mac, OSX 10.5.7 so I don't know if you guys offer support for Macs, if not, do you know of a place where I could get help?

Since the preliminary steps to getting a diagnosis are all described for a PC user, I don't know what it is I need to do on my Mac in order to give you correct logs. Let me know how to proceed, if it is indeed possible for me to get help from here.

The problem is that contacts on my MSN Messenger account receive messages about Acai Berry pills. Here is the message:

"I just have to let you know, I actually ordered those acai berry pills that I heard about on oprah and in messages on here, well I been on them for two weeks and lost 19 pounds so far, so I am living proof that they really do work, they are only five dollars over at [URL removed]"

I have since changed my hotmail password so that, if my password was collected on some other infected computer I may have logged on from, it is now useless.

Thanks in advance!

M.

Blade81
2009-06-30, 06:36
Hi Marlique,

It sounds like the MSN account may have gotten hacked. Is that issue still appearing after changing the password of your MSN username?

In Mac related issues this (http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa?categoryID=1) may be a good place to post :)

Marlique
2009-07-01, 06:55
Thanks a lot, Blade! I'll try to check with friends if they seem to be receiving more messages. In the meantime, I'll post in the Apple support forum you pointed me to,

Thanks again, and a great day to you!

Blade81
2009-07-01, 18:22
You're welcome :)

I'll leave the topic open for a few days so you can post back about the status.

Blade81
2009-07-08, 15:07
Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

Note:If it has been four days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread. Please do not add any logs that might have been requested in the closed topic, you would be starting fresh.

If it has been less than four days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or MOD a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.