PDA

View Full Version : Spybot blocking AOL?

dj45rpm
2009-06-30, 06:24
I've noticed that usually when I try to connect to AOL I get an error message saying that 'the computer was unable to connect to AOL' and 'System Information: ACD 4.8.8.4; TC/IP Connection; Err 0x90000000, WinXP-SP3; McAfee Personal Firewall". However, I can access any other website with no problem, and I can even access AOL as long as I do it very first thing when I boot up (if I wait a few minutes or try to run another program while I bring it up then I get blocked and the 'error message' appears). Long story short there's a chance I could have accidentally did something while installing Spybot (like saying "block this change" when I shouldn't have) so that now AOL can't get past Spybot. Is there anyway to see if this is true and how can I reverse it to allow AOL to pass 'unblocked'? (I check McAfee and I have "full access" to AOL so it doesn't seem to be that). Thanks.

Yodama
2009-06-30, 07:40
hello,

your error message does say McAfee Firewall, so try disabling this one completely for a test.

You can also try to disable all parts of Spybot S&D which are related to blocking anything:

1) Unimmunize

start Spybot S&D
navigate to immunization
select all and unimmunize

2) Disable Teatimer and SDHelper

start Spybot S&D
switch Spybot S&D into advanced mode
navigate to tools - resident
disable both SDHelper and Resident TeaTimer

3) Try different browser
alternative browsers

Firefox