PDA

View Full Version : Computer wont boot, maybe virus?

palillos1337
2009-07-02, 06:06
Hey I want to start by saying thanks to any who can help with my issue.

First things first,
every now and then my computer would have issues booting, for example it would just be stuck at a black screen right before the log in menu with all the user accounts and such.
A simple reboot would fix this usually.

But now this happened to me again, I rebooted, did it again, and again, and again.

I was able to get to the login menu once but when I tried to log in it came up with an error message saying that windows functionality is limited and needs to be repaired in order for me to log in successfully. There was an option to go on the microsoft website and search for a solution; so I clicked the link but it was broken. Naturally I logged onto safe mode, which works fine, ran avast virus scan, it found a bunch of viruses but even after they were deleted, the bugger still doesn't want to boot. I then was going to try some Norton A-V but the Norton site too was broken. That made me think the complex virus I may have is blocking me from certain sites. After running many different virus scanners such as trojan killers and conflickr scanners, I found a few trojans. Deleted. Doesn't work still.

Here is where I am, stuck. I set to default settings in the boot menu, also tried the boot where you launch with the settings on the last successful boot, and nothing.

This is where I am. Confused, stuck, not sure what to do. I am not extremely techy when it comes to internal structure of the operating system, however my dad has a lot more history with it, and was also stumped.

I am not even sure it is a virus at this point
Any suggestions?

tashi
2009-07-02, 06:21
Hello palillos1337 and :welcome:

Sounds like someone should take a look at the system.

Can you produce a HJT log as shown in the topic here: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)
If so, please copy paste the log into a new topic you would start in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22)

Let us know how it goes. :)