PDA

View Full Version : auto run for Spybot

tomcatonnet99
2009-07-11, 15:24
Just wondering if its possible to run spybot s&d in '/auto' mode ??

Also could someone please enlighten me how to run this in auto mode as I have CCleaner running in 'auto' mode and it shuts down my computer once its done cleaning .... I hope to add spybot to the same batch file and haven't got a clue as to which files to be used in the 'path' and the exact syntax pls...

thanks in anticipation and eagerly await a response to this..

spybotsandra
2009-07-13, 15:01
Hello,

Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to the Advanced mode via the menu item Mode.
Now select 'Settings' - 'Settings' from the navigation bar on the left.
There you will find many options to automate Spybot - Search & Destroy.

Furthermore, here is a FAQ about what command line parameters are available: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/30.html

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

tomcatonnet99
2009-07-16, 03:47
many thanks Sandra, much appreciate ..:)

tomcatonnet99
2009-08-31, 16:27
Hi again,

the command line parameters especially autoclose works perfectly well when no fixes are carried out. In event of a problem/s fixed scenario Spybot S&D requests a user confirmation (more of an acknowledgement) how could I overcome this issue as it prevents '/autoclose' !? Q : should there be a function like /OK after '/autofix' ??

further I have noticed no objects in the 'Recovery' ? its always blank despite the fact that Spybot would have cleaned a few bots but no mention of them in the recovery tab?? .... just wondering if I've missed something?

many thanks

spybotsandra
2009-08-31, 16:36
Hello,

The autofix should fix the items that were found in a scan. Does this not work for you? Have you also tried /taskbarhide ?

About the recovery:
If you just removed Cookies this is normal. Cookies will reinstall if you visit that special page (unless you are blocking them) - so there is no need for backups. Please check your settings: run Spybot-S&D and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode". Now select "Settings" --> "Settings" in the navigation bar on the left. There the three checkboxes in front of "Create backups of ..." should be ticked, so that the recovery works. After 30 days the quarantined files will be deleted automatically. This can also be adjusted in the settings page at "Age of recovery". If you click on that item you can set the period of time.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

tomcatonnet99
2009-09-02, 04:11
Hi Sandra,

many thanks for writing in...

the problem isn't with autofix, its \autoclose that plays up when spyware has been successfully removed and asks for a confirmation with a message displayed " (number of items successfully removed) OK"

now this box needs to be OKed for the autoclose to proceed.. and as I said it only happens when somethings been found and removed, in case nothing was found it does its job alright!

cheers

spybotsandra
2009-09-02, 14:13
Hello,

Have you tried it with /taskbarhide ?
Then you should not need to ok it if something was found.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

tomcatonnet99
2009-09-08, 14:28
Hi Sandra,

Well, I do use /autoclose so I suppose it would be safe to use /taskbarhide... just wondering if there's a sequence to commands being entered

e.g: should it be /minimized and then / taskbarhide ? followed by autoupdate, autoimmunize, autocheck, spywareonly, and concluded by autoclose??

many thanks again ! and really do appreciate your help!

Regards

Tom

spybotsandra
2009-09-08, 14:31
Hello,

You can use them all.
The sequence is not important.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot